We have some very exciting news to share! Thanks to the diligence and solidarity of WA and the introduction of phase 2 of the roadmap to easing COVID-19 restrictions, our two facilities are now ready to open our doors to the Bayswater community once again. In accordance with the government’s guidelines set in place, we are going to continue taking certain precautions during this time to ensure the continued health and safety of our staff and guests alike. Rest assured that when you visit and become a part of this “new normal,” your concerns and peace of mind are of the utmost importance to us.
And just in case you need an introduction to our recreation centres, our two facilities are Bayswater Waves and The RISE. Bayswater Waves is Perth’s premier indoor aquatic playground, offering a variety of options for you and your family to stay fit, swim, participate in events, and socialize with members of our community. The RISE stands for Recreation, Information, Social, and Entertainment. As the name suggests, this is a facility dedicated to offering the Bayswater community the very best in fitness classes, sports and court hire, kids programs, function and events, amongst other offerings.
Because the reopening will be happening in stages, please read through the following information so you know what to expect starting the week of May 18th.
The Return of Fitness Classes at Bayswater WAVES and The RISE
As much as we love the convenience of taking classes online and are happy we were able to provide this opportunity for our guests during quarantine, we’re excited to step back out of your screen and into the studio. Our group fitness classes will be back in action as of Monday May 18th starting at 6:15 a.m. at Bayswater Waves and The RISE. With Memberships remaining in suspension until we can open more of our facilities, classes will be charged at the heavily discounted rate of only $5! Many of your favourites will be available, including H.I.I.T., Metafit, and Yoga, but please take a look at the specific timetables for each location, Bayswater Waves and The RISE. We are taking precautions for safe social distancing by limiting the number of participants to 20 in each class, in accordance to state government regulations, so you’ll be able to get your sweat on safely.
BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL!
How to Book?
- Simply go to: https://bayswaterrecreation.yepbooking.com.au/to view the available classes
- Register your details using an email address or Facebook log in,
- Find the class you are wanting to book in to, using the tabs near the top of the web-page (eg Bayswater Waves – Classes or The RISE – Classes),
- Click on the highlighted class and time you want to book in to (You will be able to see how many spots are still available, or if the session is full),
- Click ‘Book’ (class name will also appear)
- Your confirmation will be sent to your email address, and a tick will appear on your nominated time-slot.
- If you need to view your bookings, simply click on the ‘My Bookings’ link near the top right of the page. This will show you what times you have officially booked.
- The $5 entry fee is to be paid in the centre on the day. Contactless payment preferred.
What if I need to Cancel?
If you can no longer make it to your booked class or have clicked on the wrong day or time, it is important that you cancel it, to allow another person to use it. Not cancelling your booking can result in not being able to book other future times and days.
- To cancel, go to: https://bayswaterrecreation.yepbooking.com.au/
- Click on the ‘My Bookings’ link, located near the top right of the screen,
- Find the class you would like to cancel,
- On the far right (under the Action heading), simply click on the little bin icon,
- It will ask if you are sure you want to cancel the booking. Click ‘Yes’,
- You will be sent an email to confirm your cancellation.
Pool Openings at Bayswater Waves
Two of our pools at Bayswater Waves will be back in commission as of Monday morning, May 18th as well: the Indoor 25m pool and the Outdoor 50m pool. We are limiting capacity to 20 swimmers at a time, which will mean you need to book your swim time and pool space in advance. With limited pools available, we will be keeping Memberships on hold until we can reopen more of the centre. Entry will be at the discounted rate of $5.
BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL!
Booking the pools is very similar to the above. You just need to make sure you click on the correct pool (e.g. Bayswater Waves – Indoor 25m Pool or Bayswater Waves – Outdoor Pool 50m).
The RISE Library
Our library at The RISE will be open and limited to 20 visitors at a time, with temporary reduced opening hours of: Monday-Friday 9am-6pm, and closed on the weekend.
Closures in Place
There are still certain closures in place until further notice. At each facility, our gym doors must remain closed. The Creche at both locations will remain closed. Our Swim School at Bayswater Waves will stay closed, and at The RISE, we will be very limited as to what we can allow on the Sports Courts and in the Function room.
We Can’t Wait to See You!
Again, we are so appreciative of each and every one of our community members and are so excited to see your smiling faces again. We will get through this together! Please visit our website or Facebook page to stay up-to-date on the phases of reopening and our fitness offerings.